PathQL is an extension to SQL. It’s philosophy is to use the database system for whatever it can do for you, leveraging decades of software engineers perfecting database systems.
You could think about PathQL as a standard compliant GraphQL. Like GrapQL it allows to request related entities, limit results to specific records and columns and it allows you to easily generate documentation. Some of the benefits PathQL has over GraphQL are:
- It uses standard SQL, which is a well-known query language.
- It uses standard SQL, which is a full-featured query language.
- It uses standard SQL, most of your API documentation is an ERD and a SQL book.
- It uses authorization in the database, which is well documented and high performance.
- It is a very simple concept that can be implemented with little effort.
PathQL is basically an simplified, more standard, more full featured version of GraphQL.